A few years ago, I decided to make my own croutons instead of paying for the stuff in the store that is who knows how old and has preservatives. I took homemade bread, cut it into cubes and did the following.
1. Get a plastic Ziploc bag.
2. Put a few tablespoons of oil in the bag.
3. Put bread cubes in the bag, seal and shake.
4. Add any spices, cheese, etc. you want into the bag: I usually use grated Parmesan cheese, oregano, parsley, garlic, etc. but you can use whatever sounds good to you.
5. Seal bag and shake with seasonings until the bread cubes are covered evenly.
6. Dump seasoned bread cubes onto a lightly buttered tray and bake for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees or a little more depending on how crunch you want them.
7. Eat on salads or just munch on by themselves!
Do you have a recipe you would like to share? Link up and let us know!