Financial Goals 2011
- Pay off $12,000 or more on mortgage. We will end up paying 10,000 off on our principal since we had two weddings this year. There is a chance we may be able to pay more, but we will see. We paid $10,722.84 on our mortgage principal so we were a little short this year on our original goal, but since we also had the two weddings this year we feel good about what we did.
- Rebuild emergency fund to $2,000 (hail damage to roof and 2 cars, $500 furnace repair) This is DONE.
- Invest an extra $1000 -$2500 so far. We invested $2,771.80 above and beyond the 11% retirement below.
Ongoing Financial Goals
- Save $550 per month to live on when we don’t get paid in the summer. DONE
- Contribute 11% to retirement. DONE
- Pay cash for family vacations, Christmas and wedding for kids if it happens. We paid cash for all of these, including the 2 weddings.
- Pay cash for any college expenses if necessary to help kids get out of college without any debt. DONE
How did you do on your financial goals this past year?