Friday, July 17, 2020
31 Days of Bread in July: Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits Clone Recipe
One of the best things about Red Lobster is their cheddar biscuits. It is hard to use self control as they taste pretty darn good. One of the other Spendwise Moms is here visiting and we made a clone or knock off recipe together. I looked on the internet to find a recipe, but they all were different so I decided to use a few as a guide and tweak them to make my own recipe. They taste really good!
Here is the recipe:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, preferably sharp
1 cup buttermilk
7 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a silicone baking mat if you prefer.
2. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder and garlic salt.
3. Add shredded cheese to the dry ingredients.
4. Add buttermilk and melted butter and mix just until moist.
5. Using a 1/4 cup to measure to scoop up the biscuit dough, drop biscuits onto your parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Place biscuits in the oven and bake for 11-14 minutes or until lightly brown.
7. Take the biscuits out of the oven and brush right away with the topping mixture.