My teenage son asked me to buy him some disposable razor cartridges which can be very pricy. I couldn't get myself to spend the money on it. Instead, I told him that he should get used to an electric razor since it could save him a lot of money through time. He has one, and chose to go that route instead of pursuing the disposable route. My husband and I have used electric razors for years. It isn't as close of a shave, but you also don't have to deal with getting nicked and you save money. How many things can we change to be more ecofriendly and save money?
1. Use cloth bags for shopping instead of plastic.
2. Use plastic containers that you can wash instead of plastic bags.
3. Reuse a water bottle instead of buying packages of water bottles and throwing out or recycling the bottles each time.
4. Take a lunch box instead of using paper bags.
5. Use regular dishes to eat on instead of paper dinnerware.
6. Take you own reusable container with you for leftovers when you go out to eat.
7. Use a foil ball in the dryer instead of dryer sheets.
What other ideas do you have?